Pages

Thursday 10 May 2018

My catapult

Yesterday I shot my teacher and he started crying.To learn about energy my class made catapults. We used popsicle sticks and sellotape. We used pom poms for our bullets. It was a big war, friends shooting friends, students shooting teachers and even some of the kids were under the table shooting at other kids. This helped us learn about gravity, kinetic energy and potential energy. Gravity is when something falls. Potential energy is stored energy and kinetic energy is moving energy. To make a catapult you need to stack 4 popsicle sticks on top of each other then sellotape the two ends together. Next get 2 popsicle sticks lay them on top of each other and sellotape one end to make a shape like scissors. Put the layer of 4 in between the middle of the 2 scissors. I felt like I was in a real war. It was fantastic. I learnt so much about energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment